Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Stress

Spring break was anything but a break. My long list of To-Do's was basically about to explode if I didn't get some things done. Unfortunately on the way to checking those items off I was STRESSING big time! But in my defense there was a ton to get done...wedding stuff, job application, and a grad school research paper that was due. All in the same week?!

Wedding stuff was planned and organized throughout the week. Big props to my mom for being so helpful and making all those excel sheets with time lines and due dates. I'm so grateful she decided to spend some of her time off dealing with lots of wedding planning!

Next up was taking all the necessary steps in making sure I have a job for next year! Who wouldn't be stressed? The application for another NCAA grant was due on Friday and my co-workers and I spent most of Tuesday and Wednesday plowing through all those lovely questions. I couldn't be more thankful to them for spending their free time to get the application done. Now it's just a waiting game to see if we actually get it : )

Last major thing I got to stress about was my graduate research paper. The first draft was due this Monday. Basically, if I didn't get it done by then there would be a 0% chance of me graduating this semester. Seeing as how I'm ready to be done with my masters degree I figured I should probably get on this stat! 21 pages were sent off Monday night to my professor. For that, I have Jer to thank. He helped look over the paper. Luckily I chose a topic that he has a huge interest in so it wasn't quite as painful for him as it could have been (I think).

I'm a lucky girl to have so many people who are looking out for me. I also lucked out because we only had two games to work throughout the week so I was able to take some time off to get my stuff taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment