Thursday, August 11, 2011

We Finally Ran Down the Aisle!

So Jer and I got our amazing wedding photos back a while ago, it's just taken me awhile to get them put up. Since it's a running blog I should at least share some of the running related things we decided to incorporate in our wedding plus a few of my favorites : )

These are the professional photos from Sada Lewis. She brought her husband Reagan, as well as second shooter Mark Wright to help capture our special day. She's got a great blog too!

So first off we decided to get some racing bibs made up for the wedding as one of the party favors. I loved what the company ended up doing with the different fonts!


We had a bib for everybody

We spread some of the extra racing bibs around the reception area

The other favor we had was a delicious candy bar! There were 4 other jars of edible happiness.

Sada getting creative with the bibs

Someone call for some purple runnin' shoes?

Flying high with my awesome ladies!

Goofy dudes trying to act cool = goofier guys : )
Ok, so my dad insisted that we do the traditional "left foot together right foot together" march down the aisle. Below is when we realized that we were taking so long getting down the aisle that the music ran out! Everyone had a laugh, including us.

Jer and I while my Grandpa/the officiant was giving the opening remarks 

I might have gotten a little teary eyed during the vows


Here it is folks. We actually did it. We actually ran down the aisle! This wasn't planned. In fact, Jer had NO idea until after they announced us husband and wifeypoo. Melissa, my friend from middle school, came up with the idea at the rehearsal, and I didn't hear about it until the morning of the wedding. I forgot to tell Jer, but thought it was a cute idea. Our friends, Bryant Wright and Emilie Strom Wright, held the ends of the ribbon as we dashed for the finish line at the end of the aisle.


He got me with a head lean!

All my wonderful brothers...some doing more work than others.

Jer with the ladies, working a little harder.

Heels = Taller Emily







My dad sporting the racing bib!
I don't know what to say about the photo below. I'd like to say I was surprised he pulled out a stopwatch, but let's face it, he's my dad. He whipped it out during his speech to us about baby making or something ridiculous. At least he kept the cow bell and skeleton at home : )

Mr. Loeffler & Mr. Daum
I've never thrown a bouquet before. I caught one though, a couple months before Jer proposed in fact. I didn't think anything of it, but apparently it takes some skill to throw one. My first attempt ended up here...in the chandelier : ) It crossed my mind before I threw it that there's a slight possibility I'd hit it, but I told myself, Em, no worries, just go low. At least the priceless moment was captured so I can forever cherish my awesome backward tossing skills.



Melissa catching the bouquet

I think the guys might have been more excited than the girls

Mi abuelita having a blast!

Our handsome ring bearer Cooper came all the way down from Canada for our special day!



We'll call this the happy margarita dance

My "little" brother dancing with my mom : )

World, meet my cousins...they know how to party!
MT getting down!
Again, more cousins : )
SHOUT!!
How low can you go?


Having some fun with my girl Melissa!
This is a signature Emily move
Definitely one of the best nights of our lives : )
If anyone's interested in seeing the rest of the photos from the wedding they can check them out on my facebook by visiting the following links...

No comments:

Post a Comment