Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Being sick stinks, but new shoes rock!

So...I'm sick. I caught a nasty virus, and am forced to stay inside, feeling like poop, while San Antonio decides to have gorgeous weather. Yep, that's right, it's 63 degrees without a cloud in the sky in the middle of January! Of course this only leaves me to think about all the great running I'm missing out on while I let my body fight the virus and recover.

Two days before I got sick I purchased a pair of Nike Frees for $50! What a steal huh? They're not the prettiest things in the world, but they fit like a glove and made my feet feel wonderful the last couple of runs I had before getting sick.

They also gave me a good excuse for going outside on a gorgeous day like today!
 I LOVE new running shoes. The extra cushion that's there from not being worn down over 500 miles, the smell of new rubber soles, and of course the excitement they bring as you start to imagine what you'll accomplish every time you slip them on are all reasons why new running shoes make me happy.

Anyway, I don't know if it's the meds covering my symptoms up, but I am starting to feel better than yesterday so that's something to be happy about. Here's to getting healthy again and hoping I didn't pass this nasty virus on to Jer.

No comments:

Post a Comment