Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weekly Recap, Week Ending January 8th, 2011

Emily:
Emily had a great week, notching 90.56 miles and three very solid workouts. The week started off with a bang with a 10 mile progressive run on our fairly hilly (and appropriately named) Hill Country Village route. That run was probably one of her better long distance workouts ever – she ran the first 5 miles in 32:40, the next 5 in 30:40, and the last mile in 5:43. After a couple easy days, she did a 7 mile fartlek of 3 minutes on, 3 minutes off, on Wednesday. Friday brought some diagonals on the football field to get some faster work in, followed by a 5k tempo on the track today (Saturday). Emily is not one for super fast tempo runs, so hitting right around 6 minute pace for a final time of 18:49 was a pretty good day, and a good way to cap off two weeks of increased workload.


Hill Country Village Route - Elevation Chart
Jeremy:
I, on the other hand, had a pretty spectacularly crappy week. It started off okay, as I tagged along with Emily for her 10 miler on Sunday. I’d been feeling kind of sick since the middle of last week, and it peaked around Monday or Tuesday of this week. I missed a couple of runs on Tuesday and Wednesday, but got in a little bit of fartlek on Wednesday afternoon to get my legs moving again. Thursday was my only productive workout of the week – I did a 4 mile tempo on the track in 21:04, followed by 5x200 in 34-35. Those felt great, which is nice because anything at sub 5 minute pace doesn’t come very easily to me. And of course 5:16 pace is great for me on a tempo, although I’d be kidding myself if I thought it was a true “threshold” effort. I could’ve gutted out another mile or two at that pace, but it wouldn’t have been fun. I paid for it though, as my legs have felt gnarly both today and yesterday. I’m doing a 10 mile progressive run tomorrow, and hopefully I’ll beat Emily’s time. 79 miles for the week, down a little from 114 last week. By a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment