Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cornyval 5k - 6 years Later

The day after my awesome bridal shower was the Helotes Cornyval 5k. It had been nearly 6 weeks since my last race due to injury, so there wasn't a whole lot to expect. I did one workout 3 days prior to the race, which was all the aerobic work I had in my little legs going into the race.

I ran a 18:47 5k ftw, in humid/hot/hilly conditions. 6:03 average pace. Not horrible, not awesome. The course is pretty tough, and like I said, it was nasty out. I've got a long road ahead, but I know there are great things to come. I just have to keep my head up and my legs pumping away.

It was good to be back competing at the Cornyval 5k. It runs right around my high school so it brought back some great memories. The last time I did it was my senior year of high school since I was still competing in college and last year was at the Stanford meet. My whole family came out, and most of them ran the race. Jer's mom (from Houston) came out to watch us, even though she was leaving for London the very next day. And last, but not least, my MT Liz came out to watch. She was going to race, and beat the pants off me, but unfortunately she rolled her ankle just two days prior. 


Jer hanging in for a solid 2nd place finish
 
Almost to the finish line!


Brother Andy with Oakley! 23:07 with a dog the whole way!

My other brother Mikey wondering why he woke up so early : )

Sara and me helping my mom to the finish!

The gang, minus Lizzy, cause she took the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment