Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Week in Numbers

The minutia of training is in general pretty boring, but I thought I'd throw out a more detailed recap of my week just to give a little snapshot of the days and ways of me in "working hard" mode. Starting with Sunday, September 30th, here...we...GO!

Sunday (Workout): 20.4 miles in AM including 16 @ 5:37 pace, 4 miles in PM easy. Total 24.4 miles.
Details: Ventured over to Trinity to do a workout. The workout itself was pretty simple: 10x 5 minutes hard, 5 minutes easy.  In the end I wimped out and only did 90 minutes (so 9x), but that got me to a nice even 16 miles.  The workout felt great for the first half - I came through the first mile in 5:15 and thought “oh man, I’m gonna tear this thing apart!”, but here’s a pro tip: Don’t get cocky until you get past the hour mark.  My last few “on” portions were probably north of 5:30 pace, which isn’t great, but the “off” parts never got much above 6 minute pace as far as I could tell.  5:37 pace for 16 miles is always a good day, so I’m chalking it up as a win.

Monday: 7.5 miles easy in AM, 6.3 miles in PM. 13.8 miles total
Tuesday: 11 miles easy in AM, 6 miles easy at lunch time.  17 miles total
Wednesday: 10.3 miles easy in AM, 6 miles easy in PM. 16.3 miles total


Thursday (Workout): 16 miles in AM including 12 miles @ 5:32 pace, 6 miles easy in PM. Total 22 miles.
Details: I did the workout on the Trinity track, meaning a total of 48 laps when all is said and done.  The repeats felt tough, but not overly so - at times it was hard to tell the difference between a 75 seconds lap and an 80 second one.  Those may sound close together, but believe me one will put the hurt on you a whole lot quicker.  I tried to close the workout down hard, and in the end my splits were: 10:26, 10:30, 10:22, 10:28, 10:17.

Friday: 10.5 miles easy in the AM, 6 miles in the PM. 16.5 miles total
Saturday: 8 miles easy in the AM, 7.3 miles easy in the PM. 15.3 miles total

Totals
Mileage: 125.3
Runs: 14
Workouts: 2
Quality Miles: 28
Easy Miles: 97.3
Average Pace for Quality Miles: 5:34/mile
Average Pace for Easy Miles: 7:38/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment