Friday, October 26, 2012

The Final Countdown

As of today, there are 16 days separating me from the 2012 San Antonio Rock and Roll Marathon.  The competition: unknown.  The weather: unknown.  My goal time: unknown.  But before the next two weeks and two days elapse, all of these will have an answer.

On Sunday I did a 20 mile race in a little under 1:55, or 5:44/mile.  It was hot and humid, and I suffered accordingly, but thankfully still got some solid work done.  My last really hard workout was Thursday.  It went about as well as I could expect - not great at first, but in the end I covered 14 miles at 5:31/mile, with the last 4 miles at 5:18 pace.  The weather has changed a lot since then (it's currently 50 degrees outside, compared to a low of 70 when I did the workout) which has me hoping for a beautiful wintery day on November 11th.

But we shall see.  In the meantime, I'm wrapping up my training and trying not to get too nervous too soon.  Race day will be here soon enough, and I know I'll have more nerves than I know what to do with by then.

Happy Running,
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment